17 June 2012

MOVIE REVIEW: "Snow White & The Huntsman"



image via
Not only the anniversary of the famous fairy tale by the Grimm Brothers or the success in the United States, but most of all the superb cast drew Veronika and me to the cinema yesterday to find out what the craze is all about!

I got exactly what was promised in the trailer! A very dark and dirty, drastic and dusky transformation of the 200 year old story. I enjoyed the grown-up version and appreciate the courage to cater a target group from teenagers to mid-thirties!

Sometimes, though, the script lacked some logic and consistency and quite some parts made you laugh without the purpose of being funny! However, the cast is chosen exceptionally well, the story is changed in quite a pleasant manner, the music is well composed and the locations and settings always give you something stunning to watch!  

Watch it. But don’t take it too seriously; at least, not all the time :)


images via









10 comments:

  1. Finally going to see it this week. I love the trailer and the poster. I'm worried I'll be constantly nnoyed by Kristen's total lack of acting skills, but I do hope the movie will be worth it. I expect something similar/on the level of/ Tim Vurton's Alice in Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie, Charlize played an amazing role!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess i'll wait for the dvd. i'm curious about the visuals though. they looked amazing in the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will go tomorrow to see it!
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com
    i have a new outfit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see it!!! :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I´ll watch it on DVD when it comes out

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved this film, mainly because of charlize, she was born to scream

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. great review.
    im following you now,. wish that you could follow me back :)

    http://www.mywhisperingstyle.co.cc

    Regards,
    Fahmy Haryandi, "The Whisperer"

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...