7 August 2012

ALBUM REVIEW: "Electra Heart" by Marina and the Diamonds


image via
While from her first album only “Hollywood” gathered world-wide fame, I hope that with this one, Greek-British singer Marina will have more singles on the radio! Primadonna was not a superhit, but you could hear it from time to time. I guess Marina is just not mainstream enough. Which is good!

Her second album “Electra Heart” matches up to its title. The tunes are even catchier than in the first album, her voice has maintained its incomparable, significant sound and the bass has increased! My personal favorites are the bouncy “Power & Control”, the quiet end-song “Fear and Loathing” and the all-Marina-like “Bubblegum Bitch”.

I can’t help but sing along on the streets while listening to this on my iPod and I don’t have much to criticize as Marina has stayed true to her music-style and even improved her song-writing! A consistently good album! Recommendation from both Veronika and me!



 


6 comments:

  1. She's on my iPod, I just love her retro style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her! and love the ALbum!!!

    Nice post!


    Hugs
    Mr J.Kane
    Http://mrkanerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be on concert Sept.19 :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like her new album but the previous one was much better. Her style has changed a little. The new album is more electronic but I still love her music:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...