20 December 2011

BOOK REVIEW: "1Q84" Part 3 - Haruki Murakami

photo source [goodreads.com]
This book leaves you off wanting more. It's special. Just as so many of Haruki Murakami's books, this one envelops you in an extraordinary atmosphere, where you feel so close to the characters. It's a touching, but at the same time an exciting story. Once you start reading it, you simply don't want to put it down. Even though my edition probably weighed about a ton (because it included all of the 3 published parts), I still carried it around everywhere until I finished it.

To me it's hard describing Haruki Murakami's books, probably because they are somehow so different. Even though the third part of "1Q84" slightly differs from the author's well known and loved style, the story described is one of the most interesting ones I have read by the author so far. For readers wanting to get to know Murakami for the first time, I would recommend some other book (such as "South of the Border" or "Kafka on the Shore") to truly get to know his signature style.

Even though the ending leaves you off craving for more of the characters and the story, it is still a satisfying finish. That's what I missed with the first and the second parts, you actually felt frustrated that you couldn't read once when you finished each one. Waiting for the third part was pure torture! And just to mention one last thing - I have never been a part of a certain type of hype, when I felt compelled to buy a hardcover version of a book that has just come out. Well, this time it was different. This is the first book that I actually preordered through Amazon and it was worth every single cent!

3 comments:

  1. ну так расписала.. что я прям уже горю - как хочется прочитать эту книгу..
    да, Мураками создает за считаные страницы свой особый мир... и из него не хочется уходить.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really like an amazing book!

    Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog! I absolutely need to read this book and watch 'NYE' <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...